Ph.D. Degree Requirements
- A minimum of 48 hours of coursework credits (not including ECE590 and ECE699 dissertation hours).
- At least 24 hours of coursework graduate credit must be completed at UNM.
- At least 18 hours of graduate credit coursework must be completed at UNM after admission to the doctoral program.
- A minimum of 18 hours of graduate credit coursework earned at UNM must be courses numbered 500 or above.
- Two credit hours of ECE 590 (Graduate Seminar).
- A minimum of 18 hours of dissertation credits (ECE 699).
- No more than 6 credit hours of coursework can have a grade of C (2.0), C+ (2.33) or CR (grading option selected by student). ECE 590 is excluded from this limitation.
- A student’s cumulative GPA cannot be below 3.0. In addition, the GPA for courses presented in his/her Application of Candidacy cannot be below 3.0
- No more than 50% of the required coursework credits at UNM may be taken with a single faculty member. (Course work that has been completed for an M.S. degree is included in this limit).
Must be enrolled in at least one graduate credit in the semester in which the doctoral comprehensive examination is taken and in the semester in which the degree requirements are completed, including the summer session.