The ECE Department offers the following master’s degrees:
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Electrical Engineering
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Computer Engineering
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Optical Science and Engineering
- M.S. in Electrical or Computer Engineering with a concentration in Entrepreneurship and Technology Mgt (ETM) – Traditional Option
- M.S. in Electrical or Computer Engineering with a concentration in Entrepreneurship and Technology Mgt (ETM) - Project Management Option
Managed Online Programs – Apply at any time!
- M.S. in Computer Engineering with a concentration in Internet of Things
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in Space Systems Engineering
The master’s degree program (in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering) requires 31 semester credit hours for a thesis option (Plan 1) and 31 hours for coursework only option (plan III).
MS Plan I (thesis option) requires 24 hours of coursework, 1 hour of ECE590 and 6 hours of Thesis, while Plan III (coursework only) requires 31 hours of coursework including at least 1 hour of ECE590. Both plans require at least 12 credit hours of ECE core courses, among which 9 hours are required by the emphasis area as three major core courses, and the other 3 hours are selected from another emphasis area as a minor core course. The minor core course must be selected from one of the core courses outside of the student’s major core (emphasis). The remaining courses are free electives.