Application for Degree

After successful completion of ECE 321L, for both Computer and Electrical Engineering majors an "apply to graduate" hold will appear on your student account. This is intended to allow an academic advisor in the department to review the degree requirements with you in a one on one setting to insure you are planning out your remaining 2-3 semesters according to your graduation goals. 

Students must schedule a one-on-one appointment with an advisor to "apply to graduate:" there is no longer a form. Please click this sentence to view the instructions for scheduling.

Pending Grads

ECE is proud to announce the names, majors and minors of those students pending graduation and our recent graduates. We congratulate them on their outstanding work!

Fall 2019

Summer 2019

Spring 2019

Fall 2018

Graduation FAQs

Q: Where do I get my cap and gown and other graduation items?
A: Caps, gowns, cords, announcements and other accessories for graduation are available at the UNM Bookstore.


Q: What is the difference between Commencement and SOE Convocation?
A: Undergraduate Commencement at the DreamStyle Arena, aka The Pit Degree candidates are required to wear graduation regalia. The President presides over the ceremony and will officially confer your degree upon you. Please click this sentence for more information.

SOE Convocation – This is a celebration ceremony to specifically honor SOE students. Family and friends are cordially invited to attend. Cap and gown is the appropriate dress for graduates. "Civilian" dress is also acceptable.  

Q: Will my name automatically be printed in the Commencement Program?
A: Prospective degree recipients who have submitted their Application for Degree will automatically be printed in the commencement and convocation programs. Students who have a privacy flag set in their student record will NOT be printed in the programs.The names of those graduates who have privacy flags set in their student records will NOT be printed in the commencement program unless they do one of the following:

  • Prior to April 13, 2018: Contact the Office of the Registrar at the campus they attend to have their privacy flag removed. Picture ID required.
    • Prior to April 20, 2018: Sign a "Limited Privacy Waiver" in the Office of the Secretary (Scholes Hall, Rm 103). Picture ID required. 

Q: What are the requirements to receive honors?
A: There are three different honors designations for undergraduates. These are Departmental Honors, University Honors, and Baccalaureate Honors. Please click this sentence to learn more about each one of these honors.

Q: How and when do I get my diploma?
A:  Diplomas are delivered via USPS to the address on file with the UNM Registrar. If you would like to have your diploma held for pick up you need to contact the UNM Registrar

You can check and update the address you have on file in the UNM Portal by clicking this sentence.

Additional information regarding UNM Graduation can be found at the following links:

School of Engineering Convocation:
Graduation Details: Graduation