SCHOLARSHIP & INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITES
The NPSC Graduate Fellowship - graduate
The NPSC Graduate Fellowship is unique: open to all American citizens; lasting for up to six years; providing a $20,000 expense allowance; covering tuition; allowing a fellow also to hold a research or teaching assistantship; including one or two paid summer internships with a government agency; providing a mentor and the opportunity for a lasting relationship with the sponsor. For more information, click here.
CyberCorps: Scholarship for Service - undergraduate & graduate
The Advanced Network Technologies Division at NIST has several staff, student, visiting researcher positions in the areas of:
- Internet Inter-Domain Routing Robustness.
- Secure Domain Name System Technologies.
- Network Anomaly Detection / Evaluation and Internet Traffic Analysis.
- Network Function Virtualization / Software Defined Networking.
- Measurement Science of Complex Networked Information Systems.
- Advanced DDoS Mitigation Techniques.
- Networked Cyber-Physical Systems.
- Next Generation Internet Architectures.
Goldwater Scholarship - undergraduate
The Goldwater trust is a merit award for future American researchers and scientists. Available only to undergraduate students majoring in mathematics, science, or engineering, the Goldwater provides an award of up to $7,500 for the remaining year(s) of undergraduate study. Click for more information
- Be a sophomore or junior at the time of application (graduating in May 2016 - August 2017);
- Be a U.S. citizen, national/resident alien;
- Have a highly competitive grade point average;
- Obtain institutional nomination;
- Submit UNM Preliminary Application by 10/31/2014.